Sunday, December 20, 2009

(final post)



I began the semester with a copperplate etching I composed of a build-up of patterns to form a greater pattern as the plates were repeated. I was also interested in the point of contact that triggered the repetition & the conjoined twins that could form while the figures were looking outward and unaware of the connection.





Really, it was an idea of building a visual rhythm out of the build-up of rhythms.





I thought if I was going to work musically, I needed to think about the formal aspects of sound compositions. Namely themes and variations.





Then I realized if I was trying to develop a time based sensibility to my work, I should just make something time based to see what would happen.

What if they flow into eachother?





&

Each frame is a separate image in a long string of them:





Now I want to make puppets.

No comments:

Post a Comment