Wednesday, September 30, 2009

MAKING NOISES IS SCARY FOR ME

I have been trying to record my alliteration an repetition heavy language being played from a voice synthesizer and layer the sounds. But I really just like the look of these sounds I have written out phonetically to put into said synthesizer.

Then I got to thinking, if my language is literally unspeakable, it doesn't prove anything to have my voice synth speak it to me. If it is silent and written out phonetically, I am still hearing it in some manner, although it is really more of a beat. But I am likely hearing it better than a either a stammering human or computer could relay. It was too messy. I hate things when they get too messy.

So I have changed my project trajectory. I want my sound project to have NO SOUND. But I want to do everything to relay sound in a visual manner.

Since I think it is still important that the work is time based, I may work on a short animation that has subtitles in phonetic sounds. But I also thought about assembling a book, as then all the "magic" is up to the viewer. Time is still passing, they are still reading the sounds and they have to assemble the motion.

Could I make a book? I will just keep writing these sounds and drawing some pictures for now.

No comments:

Post a Comment